Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Exercise Terminology

I've rededicated myself recently to P90X. I just finished week 4, day 2.

It's been over a year now since I've been to a gym. I've been doing P90X off and on over the past year. I have seen improvements. I'm not experiencing a whole lot of results currently, but when I did it back to back my first two times, I was seeing improvements. I never saw anything like the video claims, but definitely enough to justify that I could get the same results with or without a gym.

Of course back during the gym days, I did my cardio on machines. Many people say they can't do cardio on a machine because it's boring. I can see that. So if you can't have fun on the machines, at least have fun with the names.

Here is a fogger-to-english translation guide for many of your common cardio machines.

stair mistress = stair master
ambulating belt = treadmill
velocipedler = stationary bike
waterless canoe = rowing machine
ovalator = elliptical machine




No comments:

Post a Comment